When you require treatment beyond what we can provide at Hall Family Dental, our dentist will refer you to a trusted specialist. Dr. Matt Hall maintains close ties with many dental specialists, and will work with these doctors to plan your treatment and track your progress. His highest priority is your oral health and wellbeing, and he will go above and beyond to ensure that your treatment is well-planned and will be effective for you. We invite you to call us at 916-451-0407 if you have questions about dental specialties, or to schedule your consultation with our caring dentist in Sacramento, California.
Within dentistry, there are several specialties. A specialty is an area of dentistry that has been formally recognized by the American Dental Association and requires additional education and training. While our dentist and team will do all we can to care for your smile, we may need to refer you to a dental specialist if your case is especially complex to ensure that you achieve optimal results. Based on your needs, we may refer you to:
- An endodontist, or a dentist who specializes in the study and treatment of the dental pulp. The dental pulp is the innermost layer of the tooth that includes the tooth’s living tissues.
- A periodontist, who focuses on the study and treatment of the periodontal tissues, or the tissues that surround and support the teeth.
- An orthodontist, who diagnoses, prevents, and corrects abnormalities in how the teeth fit together.
- An oral and maxillofacial surgeon, who specializes in surgical treatments to address diseases, injuries, and defects.
- A prosthodontist, or a dentist who specializes in the diagnosis, treatment planning, rehabilitation, and maintenance of the oral function, health, appearance, and comfort of patients with conditions associated with missing or deficient teeth and/or oral tissues.
- A pediatric dentist, who focuses on comprehensive oral healthcare for infants and children through adolescence.
For more information about dental specialties, we welcome you to call or visit our office today.